"We may not have it all together.... but together we have it all."
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 06, 2011

We made it!!!  I'm not sure how, but we did.  We left yesterday afternoon around 4:30, stopped for dinner, and then drove until 11:30.  We stopped and stayed the night at a less than stellar establishment, but we survived!  We got into Minneapolis around noon.  After stopping at the Gradient office and having lunch, we signed some paperwork and were officially homeowners in the state of Minnesota!  I am happy to report that the weather is gorgeous...at least for now.  The kids did fantastic!  I have slept with Carter the last 2 nights and realize that he sleeps perpendicular...not very conducive to sleeping.  They are both zonked out now.  With no naps and the exciting day, I'm not surprised!  A few highlights...
  1. Tony got us lost on the way here.  Not to the house, but to Blaine.  He was on the phone and drove downtown Minneapolis instead of to Blaine.  Kennedy was so confused.  She thought our new house was in an office building.
  2. Within 5 minutes of being at our house, I locked us out.  Tony had the keys on the counter and we were moving stuff in.  I closed the door and who would think that they would lock the handle?!  Anyway, I had to call our realtor to get us into the lockbox that is still on the house.  Oh, and did I mention that Tony was holding his deer head the whole time?
  3. We got in the car after seeing the house and the kids going crazy inside (I'll send the video later) and carter looked at me and said, "what is this place?"
The movers come in the morning.  I'm sure I will have more to report then.  Here are a few pictures.  We miss you all and hope you will visit...wait to November though.  Then you can appreciate the "real" MN weather!  Love you!
Our new house!!!

Me, jumping for joy in my new kitchen!! (about to lock us out of the house!)

Tony's second love (after the kids and I).  They finished the bar.  We may have a ceremonial drink tomorrow night...

Out our back door.  We have a private beach the kids thought was amazing!

Feet in the cold water!!!

The view from our back yard....can we really complain?!

3 comments:

Katie

Deer head... Classic!! We miss you all already! But I guess if you had to leave us... that back porch view isn't too shabby!! Love you guys :)

Amanda Stehlik

I can't wait to visit!

Amanda

I'm glad to hear you guys made it! I'm sure it will feel like home in no time.