"We may not have it all together.... but together we have it all."
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 13, 2012

And boom goes the dynamite.....
 
 
Here I thought things were going so well and then today.
 
Kid #1
This is what we had last night....
 
 
Coming up the stairs we find Kennedy in a pile of tears.  She was crying for who knows what reason.  She has been a little emotional lately.  All day, every day is hard for someone who still lays down to rest every afternoon.  She is scared she is going to miss the bus and this morning she was waiting there and I was walking down the street to wait with her, it is 2 houses down remember, and the bus is coming.  She comes running and crying.....long story short she decides she is too upset to get on the bus, please keep in mind here that the bus driver let her get off to give me a hug only for her to get on, turn around and get off the bus.  I was angry to say the least, but sad for her because she is struggling with this bus thing.  She loves school and it is great!  Wednesday the teacher called to say that Kennedy is,"a great leader and plays very well with the other kids."  argh, you bus!!!! I dropped her off and talked to the teacher who is oh-so-compassionate when I want to show anything but compassion.  :)  I checked on her when I dropped off Carter and she is doing fine and will ride the bus home.  Wow.
 
Kid #2
 
We had a great morning(after the bus left) and the drive to school was fine.  We are waiting in line and he says again, "this is going to be fun."  I am pleased as punch because of what happened this morning and we walk in the room and boom.  Nothing happened he just decided he wanted me to stay.  Now.  It is easier to control yourself when Kennedy cries because she is screaming at you the whole time and is mad.  Carter on the other hand, he is so sad it is terrible!!!  He tries not to cry and puts his tongue in his cheek while his eyes are filling up with tears and his chin is quiverring. Really!  So there I sit next to him on the carpet, trying not to cry while explaining to him how long 2 1/2 hours is.  Sheesh.
 
Thank you God for giving me 2 children who are healthy and moderately happy.  Let me remember that when I want to leave them at school and drive off into the sunset.
Happy Thursday!!!
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

ma bell

You are the best mom, I know, because I was one and it isn't easy!!!!!!

ma bell

I love how Kennedy had to have her "props" = tissue box, trash can. I love you all so much.

Katie

Ok you made me tear up on this one! Love those munchkins!